Australian Open 2020 / Announce

Australian Open announce AO Rally for Relief exhibition match

"Bringing together the best of our sport for this important cause."

All funds raised from AO Rally for Relief will be donated to the bushfire relief cause.

The AO Rally for Relief exhibition match will take place at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday January 15 as the world’s best players take to the court to raise funds for bushfire relief and recovery efforts before the beginning of the Australian Open.

**UPDATE**: Some of the world’s biggest and best tennis players have confirmed their involvement. So far, we’ve got Roger FedererRafael NadalSerena WilliamsNick KyrgiosNaomi OsakaCaroline WozniackiStefanos TsitsipasBelinda Bencic, and Alexander Zverev on the lineup.

James BraceyRebecca Maddern, and Tony Jones will host the event, with Todd Woodbridge, Dylan AlcottSam Groth, and Casey Dellacqua in the commentary box.

Many of the world’s top players are throwing their support behind the cause, with the names of players participating to be revealed soon. Tickets are from $54 for adults and $35 concession.

“AO Rally for Relief promises to be an incredible night of tennis and entertainment, as well as a wonderful opportunity to bring together the best of our sport for this important cause,” Tennis Australia CEO and Australian Open Tournament Director Craig Tiley says.

“The world’s top players, boasting many Grand Slam titles between them, have committed to AO Rally for Relief and we look forward to announcing the lineup in the coming days. The players are keen to be involved – we’ve had a tremendous response from them and they are keen to help.”

AO Rally for Relief is part of the Aces for Bushfire Relief program, launched by Tennis Australia last week in response to the devastating bushfire crisis across the country.

“This unprecedented bushfire crisis is devastating people, properties, communities, livestock and animals across the country and our hearts go out to all those affected,” Tiley says.

“The Aces for Bushfire Relief initiative gives the tennis community the opportunity to galvanise our sport to support and raise much-needed funds to help those who are most in need.

“We felt it was vital we use all our events across the summer to make a meaningful contribution to help these people and communities rebuild their lives. The response from the tennis community – our players, clubs, partners and international tennis bodies – has been overwhelming and it’s wonderful to see everyone pull together.

Aces for Bushfire Relief initiatives include: 

#Aces4BushfireRelief – $100 donation for every ace served at:

  • Australian Open
  • ATP Cup in Brisbane, Perth and Sydney
  • Brisbane International
  • Adelaide International
  • Hobart International
  • Apis Canberra International (which has moved from Canberra to Bendigo due to the bushfires).

Community Tennis Relief – Tennis Australia will grant $1 million to help communities repair and rebuild tennis facilities damaged or lost in the bushfires.

AO Music for Relief – Proceeds from the AO Live Stage concert with Jessica Mauboy on Sunday 19 January will be donated to bushfire relief. Additional artists will be announced soon.

Open Court Sessions for Bushfire Relief – More than 1,000 tennis clubs across the country will be encouraged to support the relief efforts as part of the launch of Tennis Australia’s newest adult social play participation program, Open Court Sessions.

The AO Rally for Relief exhibition match that will take place at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday January 15, tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster.com.au. The Australian Open will take over Melbourne Park from Monday 20 January until Sunday 2 February. Tickets are available via Ticketmaster.com.au.

Share post